First and foremost, I have to say that I’m constantly amazed at how supportive the community of beauty bloggers is here on WordPress! Two more lovely ladies have recently nominated me for an award – the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
Here’s how this one works:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people
Because I was nominated twice for this one, rather than answering 20 questions and boring you all half to death, I thought I’d just do a mashup of questions supplied by Jadie & Eleanor, and narrow them down to 10.
1. What is your favourite lipstick/lipgloss?
This is a hard one…I would say it’s probably a tie between the Elf Matte Lip Colour in Praline (it’s the perfect 90s matte brown) and MAC’s lipstick in Sin (a gorgeous deep, dark red wine shade).
2. Are you a heels or a flats girl?
If I could wear heels every day, I totally would! But I’m pretty tall, so to avoid looking like a giraffe I usually opt for flats (unless I’m getting dressed up to go out!).
3. What is your absolute favourite perfume?
At the moment, it’s Nude by Rihanna – it’s a sweet, floral scent with vanilla orchid and some fruity top notes. It’s very girly and soft. I’m obsessed!
4. What is your favourite face mask, if you use them?
I really love the Cupcake face mask from Lush – it smells like chocolate, it’s completely natural and makes my skin feel really fresh!
5. I’m on an endless quest for the perfect…?
Concealer for sensitive skin! Most concealers irritate the skin under my eyes, leaving me with an eczema-like rash! It’s not pretty. I’m yet to find an under-eye concealer that doesn’t cause irritation. If anyone knows of one, please comment below and let me know!
6. What are some makeup products that you have and like, but don’t use very often?
Definitely false lashes – I love them but they’re pretty time-consuming and I always get scared of messing them up. And blush – I think blush is so pretty and I have a few of them, I just never wear it because I have quite a round face and just don’t trust myself to get the application right!
7. What is your favourite palette?
Stila ‘In the Know’ palette. It’s a completely matte palette, and I usually prefer matte eyeshadows so this is fantastic. It’s definitely my go-to for every day, and the shades are so silky and pigmented.
8. Would you rather chop off all your hair, or never be able to cut it again?
This is a no-brainer for me – I know I wouldn’t suit short hair, so I’d rather have hair down to my ankles than chop it all off!
9. Would you ever tattoo makeup onto your face, and why?
I do understand that for some people it’s way easier, as you don’t have to bother doing your makeup. But I love doing my makeup, so there’d be no point! I think it would be way too restricting as I like to change the colours and style of my makeup all the time – so it’s not for me!
10. How long, on average, do you spend doing your makeup every day?
Probably a lot longer than I should! Generally between half an hour and 45 minutes on a normal work-day, and between 45 minutes and an hour if I’m doing a full face and going out. If I’m in a rush I can cut it down to about 15 or 20 minutes.
Here are my nominees for this award. These are some blogs that I’ve recently discovered, and I would love to know a little bit more about you all!
My questions for the above nominees:
1. Would you rather use only one eyeshadow colour or one lip colour for the rest of your life?
2. What was the first makeup item you ever owned?
3. If you could only buy from one makeup brand, which brand would you choose?
4. Which makeup brand do you think has the best packaging?
5. What is the one product you’d grab if your house was on fire?
6. What is your signature scent?
7. Who’s your favourite beauty vlogger?
8. Which product is at the top of your wishlist?
9. What type of product do you buy the most of?
10. What’s the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
Thanks again to Eleanor and Jadie – you’re so sweet! And to those that I’ve nominated, I can’t wait to read all your answers!
Nawww, this award stuff makes me feel so warm and fuzzy!
Ciao for now,